About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 03:10:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

DongJiang Bottle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DongJiang Bottle  (Read 1181 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: August 17, 2014, 11:11:39 am »

Hi  Joey, YT

I agree !

David  Osborne's   bottles    generally  sell for  between  US$ 50 - 500  ( usually  about  US$200)   but    all  his  bottles  are  guaranteed   genuine ( indeed  most come   with  a   little  certificate   signed  by  WXS !)

The  artists whose  bottles  he  sells  tend to  be  middle-  ranking  from the  early- mid   2000s but  occasionally there's   some  real  beauties  there  ( e.g  Suo Zhenhai  and  Pan Jiafang = Zhen Yu )

But then  again   the  most   that can be  said  of  Dong Jiang (  which  BTW  is  an  Art  Name  :  I  don't  know  who he  real  artist is )  except  that he  was  painting  in the   mid  - 1990s

Jill  deals  only  in   the  best  Very  Modern   bottles recently   painted  by  top    class    Ji , Qin  and  Lu  School  artists   in the   age  range   30  -  50 ( roughly  speaking)    That  means  that her  prices  start  at  US$1,000, and  may go as high  as  US$  2,000.  But  for  that  you  get    real  high  quality  bottles  with  guaranteed  provenance.  Also,  even though  her  prices  may seem  high to those  accustomed  to  buying  in the  US$100  -  200  range  on e-bay,  I  have   got  some  real  bargains  from Jill from time  to  time ,  often  at  lower  prices  than  if  I had  bought  direct  from   the  artists  concerned.

Anyway...

But  certainly,  buying  from David  and  Jill  is  100%  safe !

Cheers

Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: