About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 05:37:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Question about reference material for Jing, Yue, Lu Schools

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about reference material for Jing, Yue, Lu Schools  (Read 4221 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 05:06:29 am »

Dear all,

There is an interesting book published in August 1992 and it is an overview of the ceramics and glass trades of Zibo ( 淄博 ) in Shandong. I attached the front cover of the book which I bough some years ago. It was compiled by the Zibo city's Committee for Research of Historical Materials and published by the Shandogn University.
In the section on Glass, there is a substantial write-up on IP and IP artists of Shandong ( Lu School ). Some interesting accounts I did not know before.
One account is related to Bi Rong Jiu ( 毕荣九 ). Bi has a disciple called 袁永谦 (Yuan Yong Qian ) [ 1885 - 1938 ] who mastered Bi's style and used to produced IP bottles for around 10 years for a glass supplier known as 仁和成料货庄 ( Ren He Cheng Glass Supply Store ). Because of the price appreciation of Bi Rong Jiu bottles after he died, the Ren He Cheng store , for the purpose of profiteering, ever let Yuan to sign bottles Yuan painted in Bi Rong Jiu's style ( i.e. faking Bi's work ) ! Bi Rong Jiu died in 1925.

Regards

Inn bok

Yes, Yuan Yong Qian has been brought up before...

Like other student artist, the way I have come to understand is that the students signed their Master artists signature, but out of respect.. Not intended to be faking..

I would be interested to know some of the details within the book as related to Shandong glass trades, and information about early bottles supplied to the Shandong school..
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: