About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 07:52:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Question about reference material for Jing, Yue, Lu Schools

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about reference material for Jing, Yue, Lu Schools  (Read 4324 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: May 16, 2011, 03:01:24 am »

Hi  Pat

1. Based  on your info ,  I  have  put  back   Rui  Zhi   into the    DB  as  aka  Nie Lie   ( ? )  and  well as   aka  Zhang Limin ( ? )  *

To clarify  from my side  :   the ( very few)   Rui Zhi  bottles  I have were  all bought  in   Ms Wang's  bottle   shop  in SH, where  she often  has bottles    both  from  the  Da Yong  studio  of  artists   ( includes  Zhang Limin)  and also   from Nie Lei.  Quite  often  she herself  is confused  about the  real  origin  of   a bottle, so  it could be  at  one  time  she  told me  Rui  Zhi is  from the  Da Yong studio, and  at another  time   from   Nie Lei

2. If  you  look  under  ZLM  in my  DB  you  will see   pics  of  a   " Rui  Zhi" bottle   showing flying  geese  which  I  have  so far attributed to   ZLM - but  maybe  wrongly . If I recall, I did  not buy  this  bottle  -  just  took pics.  What  is  interesting  is that  I  have  another version  of this  bottle  ( same    flying  geese ,   with just  minor  variations)    which  I bought  in  GZ  ( ! ) .    AND  I have  seen   the  same theme  painted   yet  again    in another  bottle  at least  one  more  time, maybe  even   twice more, again  in SH.     I guess  they are  all painted  by  Rui Zhi,  whoever    he  is ( " Mr  Flying  Geese" !)  , unless  these  are all variations  on a  theme  inspired  by a   famous   canvas  painting which  more than one artist  has  copied.

3.   Glad to  know  your  Nei Lei  calligraphy  bottle  is  in fact  signed  Yi  Ding.  Because  as far as I know  ALL his   calligraphy bottles  are   signed  Yi Ding.

4.  "Din"  is  not a  pinyin word . It must  be " Ding"  , but  there are several  characters  which  could be   written   as  "Ding"
  e.g  丁  仃 顶 订    etc  

Cheers  Peter

* If  you   type  in Chinese  you  can  insert a  "?"   into the  title  of a   file  !  Now there's a thing  !
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: