About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 06:17:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

A wealth of information at your fingertips

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A wealth of information at your fingertips  (Read 170 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: June 18, 2014, 12:27:46 pm »

Hi  All

While   researching   deep  background  stuff  for  my   presentation on the   Very  Modern  IPB    School  at the  2014  ICSBS  Convention in Xian  I  have  gone  back to the   roots  of the   Modern  Schools.

This  has  involved  getting  back into the   Middle  Period .

Thus  I  started  to  read  for the  first  time ever in detail    the  preambles  /  introductions  in CIPMA  and  J.H. Leung's  'A New  Look  of  Inside  Painted   Snuff  Bottles"   (  short  name  " New  Look" )

Man !   There's a   wealth  of  information  there ,  all  laid  out  in   superb detail.

There's    a  bunch  of    Middle Period   artists  you  surely  NEVER heard  of  before  ( did  you  know  that  Zhou Leyuan   had a  pen name ? ! It  was  Shi  Gedong)   

And  a  whole  load  of  other   stuff  besides.  It's  taken me  most of this  week  to  update  my  DB  to include  all the  new  names  and  pen names .

In most  cases  I  just  have a  "name"  - no  bottle  pics.  Anyway,  there's  no  way that  I  can ever  begin to  include  pics  of   the  Early and  Middle   Period bottles  in my  DB.  I'm  just  content to  have   the  various   names   included, and perhaps  a  few  representative  bottle  pics.

But  if  you  have  a copy  of   New  Look   and /or  CIPMA    and  other   similar  books,  I  do  urge  you  to  read  the  introductions  in detail

Happy  reading !

Cheers

Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:15:37 pm »

( did  you  know  that  Zhou Leyuan   had a  pen name ? ! It  was  Shi  Gedong)   

No I did not !

I will certainly take the time to read in detail Peter..  Thank you..
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: