About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 08:30:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Bottle Collections Chat

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottle Collections Chat  (Read 468 times)
CSerenity
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:06:06 am »

I've just recently got into bottle collecting. I am interested in rare collectibles and those of historical interest. I am looking for a chat room so people can discuss the best bottle collections. Can someone name a chat room website e.g. C-box / RumbleTalk?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 12:35:11 am »

Hi Serenity,

Welcome to the forum! If you are interested in snuff bottles AND want to chat with other like-minded collectors then you have hit the right spot.

I am not aware of any other 'chat rooms' out there on the internet, but I'm fairly sure you won't find another like this one when it comes to snuff bottles. We are a small group, some with many years of collecting experience, some complete newcomers..........a really mixed bag, and scattered in different corners of the world. I myself live in Thailand now, although originally from the UK.
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 09:18:53 am »

Welcome to our forum Wink

There are no snuff bottle related chat rooms on the internet, but perhaps there are for other types of collectibles..

For your interests in Chinese snuff bottles, a community forum like this is the very best way to share and learn..

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:39:14 am »

Hi   Serenity

You  have  hit  gold-dirt

There's  not  much  -  in  fact  nuthin'  -   out  there   except  this  Forum  if  you   really  want  to  chat , seriously

Do  a  google   and  see  what  comes  out  tops  . 

Cheers

Peter  @  Hong Kong  ( 300  +   modern  bottles )
Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:21 pm »

Hi Serenity,

Was it specifically snuff bottles or old bottles in general that you are interested in? I get the feeling it's the latter. Am I correct?
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 02:15:11 am »

Hi Serenity,

Welcome on board the Forum.

It is here you get a good cross-section, well-represented group pf snuff bottle collectors. We have among us people who also have interests beyond snuff bottles, thereby adding valuable comments to the understanding of our collection.

I am a Chinese and a collector living in Singapore.

Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged

CSerenity
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 09:34:36 am »

Sorry, it took me a while, but just for you to know, I am still looking for a suitable chat room for my site any help will be most appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 09:21:13 pm »

Hi Serenity,

You need to be more specific.  I'm still not clear what kind of "chat room" you are looking for. THIS FORUM is the only place out there for discussing Chinese snuff bottles.

If it's other types of old bottles you are interested in, then we probably can't help you here.

Tom
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:47:40 am by Wattana » Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: