About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 09:01:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hello

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 693 times)
Marvelist2308
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:33:54 am »

Hi all,

Just a post to say thank you for accepting me into this great forum.
Just started to collect snuff bottles and i have found this site very useful and i am positive i will a great deal more. Smiley

Nath
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:49:06 am »

Glad you found us and welcome aboard Nath  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 09:11:06 am »

Hi Nath

Welcome  to the  Forum !

Where do  you  live  and   what  kind  of bottles  do you  collect?

I'm based  in Hong Kong and  collect   Inside  Painted  Bottles  (  " IPB" )

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Marvelist2308
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:50:55 am »

Thanks for the welcome Smiley

Its a new hobby so is there types?  Grin

I like hand worked types, i have had some given to me by my grandfather, my favorite is a yellow hand painted one with a little Jade topped spoon.
But unfortunately i have no info behind it  Embarrassed is there a place i can research or possibly upload pictures. It is stamped underneath in red but hardly visible (in what i believe to be chinese).
Also started to research the hand carved types sorry have no acronyms for the different types maybe i can learn from here.

Also a little about me i am a designer for wedding stationery and live in the UK.

Nath
Report Spam   Logged
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 06:05:26 pm »

Dear Nath,

Welcome from me as well. I live in Jerusalem, Israel, but summer in County Wexford, Ireland.
   I started in Feb.1970 and collected in all materials, but since 1991, have focussed on IPSBs (inside painted snuff bottles), white nephrite jade snuff bottles, and underglazed blue & white porcelain snuff bottles.

The different materials are uncarved glass (in assorted colours shapes and sizes, but without exterior carving); carved glass (self-explanatory);  uncarved stone; carved stone; ceramic (pottery and porcelain); organic materials (ivory (elephant and marine), amber, coral, lacquer, wood, etc.); metal; and inside painted.
    Some people consider enamelled bottles (which can come in glass, porcelain and metal) as a separate type.  Similarly, some people separate jade from the other stones, because jades are such a large group all by themselves; I myself do.
   Hope that explains a bit.
Again, welcome,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

misfit38
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:21:05 am »

Welcome from the UK

Kaz
Report Spam   Logged
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:30:49 am »

Welcome here Nath!
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:06:12 am »

Dear Nath,
welcome within us.
Of course you can post images here. Just click on "Additional options" on the lower left corner of the posting page and follow the next steps. Be aware, before to do that, to resize your images to a size of about 800 pixels maximum and compress them at about 100 kB or less.
Kind regards from Italy
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: