About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 08:16:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Kangxi Southern Inspection Tour / Lu Jianguang

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Kangxi Southern Inspection Tour / Lu Jianguang  (Read 4888 times)
wgeoff
Private Boards

« on: March 13, 2014, 01:05:25 am »

Thanks Richard

Peter was able to view these bottles today and confirms they are inside painted not printed.

He was also able to make a super-close-up photo of bottle 7 above (a much closer version of the close-up photo which I supplied of bottle 7) and here are two figures taken from his super-close-up

You can see these figures as the ones in blue robes in the top left row of my own close-up of bottle 7.

Thanks Peter for these - I think they clearly show painted figures. I will have to get a better macro camera.

It is worth noting that the bottle images in my first posting above (85mm tall on my screen) are larger than the real bottles (75mm tall) and the figures I have shown above from Peter's photo are actually less than 3mm tall.
I can understand why they may have been thought of as printed not painted.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:06:35 pm by George » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: