About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 07:57:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Totally Amazing Yuan Shijia Bottle !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Totally Amazing Yuan Shijia Bottle !  (Read 351 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: March 03, 2014, 07:37:08 am »

Hi All

Once  in a  while a   top   VMIPB   artist  paints  a   TOTALLY  AMAZING   bottle !

Being  now semi- retired  and  having limited   funds   I am  un-ashamedly using  all my  personal  connections  with the   top  Ji-School  VMIPB   artists  in Hengshui,  Shijiazhuang  and  also  the  new  Qin-School   artists  in Xian  to  at least  get    "first  option "   ( "first  dibs" )  at their  latest  best bottles.

Of  course, I  cannot  hope  to  keep  up   with  all  the   latest  and  best  creations  but  at  least  I  do my best, and  sometimes  I  hit  gold.

That  was the  case  with   Yuan Shijia's   latest   works,  which  I  published   recently  on the  Forum.  They were  all   totally  amazing -  probably   some of the best  bottles  Yuan Shijia  has ever  painted.  And  remember  that  Yuan Shijia   is a   true  "rising  star" being  only 34  years  old  ( born  1980)  and  now  entering  the  most  creative  period  of  his  life.

I immediately    focused  on one  bottle  ( see  pic)  and  called    Yuan Shijia  directly  to  ask  if the bottle  was  still  for  sale . IT WAS !   

Yuan Shijia  gave  me a  very  fair  price as  one of  his   admirers  and   ardent  collectors.  So  I immediately  agreed  and    arranged  payment  via  my  Beijing  office.

I have  just, finally,  got the  bottle  in Hong Kong  and  I can  tell  you frankly  that  this   ranks  among  one  of the  Top  Ten  Best  Bottles  I  have ever seen let  alone  bought -  in  all  my  life !

It is  even better   in real life  than the  pics !

Last week I  was  in Shanghai  and  I visited  the   Pudong   shop  of  Zhang Lei  who  is  the  nephew  of  Wang Guanyu.

He  had   several  Wang  Guanyu bottles,  some  of  which  were  painted   20 - 30  years  ago  and  were  earlier bought   by   Singapore  collectors,  now  recently   re-purchased  by  Zhang Lei.  (The  bottles  were  originally  in the   collection  of   J.H. Leung  and   are  illustrated  in  "New Look" )  But  some  other  bottles  were  recently  painted  by  Wang Guanyu in the past  couple  of  years :  he rarely  paints  these  days  because  of  his  poor  eyesight and  weak  health . There  was  one   eye-watering   recent  bottle,  but  the  price,  even to me  as a  private   sale, was   minimum RMB  six  figures    -  far,  far  beyond  my  pocket.

But  amazing  though  that  Wang Guanyu  bottle  was,  I can  tell  you  frankly  that  this  Yuan Shijia  bottle  is   at least   two  or  even  three   quantum  levels  higher,  both  in  skill,  originality,  artistry   and    just  pure  CLASS.

Fact.

A  truly  totally,  amazing    VMIPB !

Cheers
Peter

* Totally Amazing Yuan Shijia Bottle (2.2014)(B).jpg (187.35 KB, 768x1022 - viewed 44 times.)

* Totally Amazing Yuan Shijia Bottle (2.2014) (A).jpg (188.88 KB, 768x1008 - viewed 36 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:59:23 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:17:20 pm »

Congratulations Peter !
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
misfit38
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:11:11 pm »

One word for the bottle - beautiful - thank you for sharing it.

Kaz
Report Spam   Logged
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:00:17 pm »

Dear Peter,
    Congratulations! Beautiful bottle. Thank you for posting it.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:33:48 pm »

Peter,

A beautiful bottle indeed, but I can only assume it is much more impressive in person as based on your comments. 

Charll
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: