About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 10:50:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

"CIPMA" = Chinese Inside Painting of the Modern Age ( Ed: Wang Xisan 1995)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "CIPMA" = Chinese Inside Painting of the Modern Age ( Ed: Wang Xisan 1995)  (Read 782 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: April 17, 2011, 09:27:44 am »

Hello  All,

[b]CIPMA [/b]   is a  Landmark book   and  an essential  reference  for  Modern  School  inside-painted bottles

It was  published  by Wang  Xisan in 1995

It  contains 2  pages  on   nearly  all the    top  Modern School  artists  from the   Ji  School  ( Hengshui,  Shijiazhuang) ,  plus a   handful  of  artists  from the   Jing School in  BJ and  the  Lu  School  in   Shandong.

The  first  page  is  an introduction  to the  artist  in English and  Chinese  ( NOTE:  sometimes   the  details  are   slightly  different in the   two language  versions). The    second  page  shows   4 x  typical  / signature works  of  each   artist

I attach a   low- res    copy of a  typical   artist   2- page  entry

However,  every  artist  had to  pay a  fee to  be published  in CIPMA, so  some   younger   but  fast-upcoming artists  were  not  included   ( and also some older   artists  who could afford to rest  on their  laurels !)

It's  very hard to  buy a  copy  of  CIPMA  these  days. It seems the   source  of  the original  book is   strictly limited  arists-only  and  their  close  friends

However, I  do have a  copy  and I   have  made a  hi- res  scan   which  I   can send to  anyone   free of  charge  on request  if they send  me a  memory  stick  ( If you have   already asked  for  my data  base  I  automatically include  the  CIPMA  scan,  which  is  in any case  integrated  into  my  DB). 

Also  Wang  Xisan  has  given  Bill Patrick  permission to  publish   CIPMA  on his  website  www.snuffbottlecollector.com

It's  useful  to  use  CIPMA  as a  reference   eg   in the  attached  pic  "Fu Guoshun  - CIPMA pp  122/123"

Please  may I also   propose a  standard  abbreviation for  this  Forum  :  " CC"  =  Compressed  Copy

Because the  Forum  only  accepts  pics  up to  400  kB  I  have to    make  compressed  copies  of my file  pics    in order to   post them  So  I  rename  them starting  " CC"    eg the   attached  pic  is  " CC Fu Guoshun  @  CIPMA" 

If anyone  wants a  hi-res  copy  of  any  pic  I post  they  are free to ask  via  private  email

Cheers  Peter  @  HK

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:39:16 am »

Sorry......  forgot to attach a  typical  CIPMA page

Here  it  is  :   Fu Guoshun  CIPMA  122/123

Cheers  Peter

* CC Fu Guoshun @ CIPMA.jpg (49.28 KB, 1024x703 - viewed 22 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: