About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 03:58:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

NEW CIPMA !!! (2013)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW CIPMA !!! (2013)  (Read 595 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: May 31, 2013, 03:56:24 am »

Hi   All   who   collect   VMIPBs

For   some  time  there  have  been  rumors   of  an  updated  version  of  CIPMA (Chinese   Inside  Painting  of  the  Modern  Age,   which  was  published  by   Wang  Xisan's  studio  in the  mid   2000's. ) 

Well,  finally  it  has  been  published   and I have  a    hard  copy  !

The  publication   date    in the   frontispiece   is   2011,  but  it   was  actually  released    this   year  ( 2013)

But  it's   all   in  Chinese  -  no  English  version. 

It's  a  massive  book  -   300  pages  -  and  weighs  in  at   3  kg ,  so  no joke  to  ship   airmail

List price  is   RMB 398

Also  it  includes   over  dozen  new  artists  of   whom I never  heard  before,  so  I   will be  sure  to  update my  data  base

Also  it  includes   several bottles  as  artist "signature"  pieces,  which I personally  own
 (YEAH ! So   I   DID  get  it  right  these  past  few  years  as  to  what are  the  'best of the best' )

Needless  to  say,  I  will   scan the book  (  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh  !    another   3   hours   standing   work  over the   office   scanner )  and  then   also    copy   the  scanned  pages  back  down to  my  data base  (aaagh  !  another   30   hours   software   work)

But  if  you  want  a  personal  HARD    copy     we  need  to   discuss, because  this   will become a  major   logistics  exercise

Anyway  ...  it   seems  this  new  book  will  be  available  through  multiple   channels  in the  months   to  come

Cheers

Peter

* New CIPMA !.jpg (291.25 KB, 766x1024 - viewed 24 times.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:01:42 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:35:51 am »

Peter,

When an English version is published sign me up for a copy!   Charll
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:25:18 am »

Hi All

As  far as  I  know,  there   will  NOT be  an   English  version

Maybe   some one   on the  Forum  could   translate the   key  bits   

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

MikeChina

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 07:35:29 am »

No plan to publish English version for this book.
I am one of the editors of the book.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: