About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 09:13:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Ai Huiqui

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ai Huiqui  (Read 625 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: May 26, 2013, 02:53:14 am »

Browsing through " A New Look Of Chinese Inside Painted Snuff Bottles" , noticed a few artists that have not been shared on forum..

Ai Huiqui, art name, Aiqi, ( pg 85 ) entered the Ji School 1979 under Wang Baichuan is one of those artists, and will share more from The New Look in the days ahead.

In recent years he has made systematic studies of animal paintings by special and careful observation of cats and their physical characteristics, postures of running, sitting, eating, sleeping, jumping and playing. He has also copied a great number of works of Cao Kejia and scentes from famous Suzhou and Hunan embroidery. From these special studies he has endowed his cat bottles with lovely idyllic expressions and fine strokes which have made him an outstanding master of painting cats amonong the promising yourn artists of his studio. Ai Huiqi has painted a great number of cat bottles and never recretes the same painting.

Of the bottles shown in New Look, this 100 cats theme is my favorite..  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

deelsb26

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 06:18:39 pm »

LOVE THIS ONE!! Too cute...want, want. Smiley
Danna
Report Spam   Logged

Danna
joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:14:21 pm »

Agree   This is very cute! Any hints where other cat theme bottles of Ai Huiqui might be found? Jo
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 04:25:22 am »

In 1985 he painted some bottles for the author of "New Look" while he was still at the Ji school.  I can not find him listed any place now though..  So not sure..

Maybe someone else here knows something ?
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 08:35:44 am »

Hi  All   who have a  copy  of  my  Data  Base

PLEASE   USE  IT  !!!!

There's a  load  of  up-to-date    stuff  on  Ai Qi  in the   DB, and he  is   listed  in  CIPMA.

I have  personally  met  Ai Qi a  couple  of times  at  exhibitions  ( last  time  was   2009   @  Yantai ) 

He  is  even   listed in the   the very  latest  Ji- School   book  which  I just  got  last weekend  in Hengshui

Cheers

Peter

PS  :  It's  Ai  HuiQI not   HuiQUI
Report Spam   Logged

joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

Thanks for the information, I need to refer to the data base you sent Peter.  Why didn't I think of that, too simple I guess!  Just kidding, thanks for the reminder!  Jo
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 08:14:00 pm »

Why didn't I think of that, too simple I guess!  Just kidding, thanks for the reminder!  Jo

Me too !  Thanks Peter  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 07:02:42 am »

Hi All

YES !   Please   do use  my  DB  for   precisely the   reason I  created  it  !!!

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 02:53:39 pm »

Hi  All

So....  the  message  is  slowly  (  VERY   slowly  !  )    getting   through:

Check   Peter's   DB  before   putting  Forum-entry-email  in gear !

Honestly  -  I  spent  over   2,000  hours  =  one  whole    normal  working   year-time    to   compose the   DB.

If  you  guys out  there   to  whom  I  sent  the   DB  free-of-charge on  USB  stick    don't  use   my  DB  then  I am   really  'casting  my  pearls before   swine' , sorry  to   say 

I   have  been  invited  by the   ICSBS   to  give  a presentation    at  the   Xian  leg  of  the   2014   ICSBS    Annual  Symposium  (  HK/ Xi-An /   BJ ) 

Be   sure  I will  use  this  opportunity  to  give   the  VMIPB   school  the   biggest  possible    thing

Cheers

Peter

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:55:13 pm by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: