About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 11:10:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Now in BJ, going to Hengshui this weekend ( 24 - 27 May)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now in BJ, going to Hengshui this weekend ( 24 - 27 May)  (Read 2556 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: May 22, 2013, 06:36:21 am »

Hi  All

Now  in BJ  and  planning to  visit  Jill  Guo  Jie's  new  BJ   shop  tomorrow

Then go to  Hengshui  on  Friday  -   Monday  24-27 May

Hoping  for a  fun weekend  with the   artists   there

RICHARD:  Thanks  again  for the   Liu  Jianghua  book.  Amazing  work ! I  have a   few  bottles   which  I  bought    about  4  -5  years   ago  which  are  very  similar  to  some  of the  bottles  in his  book  ( even the  bottle  shape  is   the  same )  The  bottles  are  all  signed " Jiang  Hua"  so  I  brought  them  with  me  to   check  them  out.  Liu  Jianghua  now  lives  in BJ,  so  I'm  hoping to meet  him   at  Jill's  shop  tomorrow.

Ms  Zhang  Keqin is  now  in CAC   Star House  (  HK)  this  month.  Happy  to    report that  she  used  that  amazing  persian  cat bottle which  I  bought  last   december     only painted   on  one  side  in  her   latest  CAC  catalogue    Grin

I  left the  bottle   with  her  at  CAC  and  asked   her to  write a  short  explanation  about the  half-finished  'B' side  in the   B-side   blank  side-space

Hope to  invite  her  for  hot-pot    in my  home   after  I get back  from  HS   next week

Sorry  not  to have  been  so  active  on the   Forum  this  past  month  or  so.  A  lot of   work to   catch  up  on  in the  office ...

Cheers
Peter

PS :  FYI  -    CAC -  TsimShaTsui  will  move from  Star  House  to  a  smaller  location   at the  north  end  of   Harbor  City  shopping  arcade  later   this   year. Apparently  CAC  own their  premises  in Star  House  and  they   can earn more  by    renting  out the  floor,  even  after   renting   their  new  place .  Such  are  the  commercial  realities   in HK !    The  little  hair dressing  salon   near  my  office  in Wanchai  which  I  normally use  for a   quick     cut  at  only  US$12   apparently  pays  US$10,000  / month  rent !   

* CC Zhang Keqin @ BJ (12.2012) = P300 (A).jpg (231.03 KB, 564x1024 - viewed 29 times.)

* CC Zhang Keqin @ BJ (12.2012)= P300 (B).JPG (188.89 KB, 518x1024 - viewed 23 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 11:40:49 am »

Peter,
   You have us drooling in envy. Not only are you in Hong Kong, the centre of Chinese trade, but you'll be the week in Beijing and Hengshui, two of the primary centres of VMIPSB production.
Enjoy!
  I go to Dublin tomorrow for a conference on Temples and Pilgrimage in the Ancient Near (Middle) East, till Sun. evening. Then, Mon. morn. I fly to Milano, to visit Giovanni for a few days, before returning to Ireland.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:58:02 am »

Dear Joey,

Trust that you have had a pleasant trip so far. I just returned from China, having
spent four days in the north-western province of Ningxia.
Please convey my best regards to Giovanni when you see him.

Just had a good meeting again with Tom Lyall who flew down from Bangkok on
Monday.

Regards,

Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged

Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 05:05:13 am »

Thank you dear Inn Bok, must appreciated.
Kind regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 02:24:55 pm »

Dear Inn Bok,
    Thank you, I had a wonderful time in the Piacenza area with Giovanni and his wonderful wife Betty, and I returned home a few hours ago.

Dear Giovanni,
     Thank you so much! I had a wonderful time in your beautiful and historic home, and enjoyed the snuff bottles, though we needed more time. The Churches were magnificent, as was the landscape.
    All the food was really delicious, but the ragu would get my top vote, on the polenta, or on pasta, or even on rice. Everything was delicious, and I also enjoyed the pizza last night.
    Please thank Betty again for me. You have an 'Eshet Chayil' ('Woman of Valour' - see Proverbs 31 in the Bible).
    We departed 15 min. late, and arrived only 5 min. late. I arrived home at 16:00 your time.
Best,
  Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 04:16:36 pm »

Dear Joey,
you made Betty blushing Smiley. She is thanking you, and she said that if we didn't decide to go for the pizza she would just made the ragu with the rice, haha.
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »

Dear Giovanni,
    The pizza was great, but Betty's ragu on rice would have been sublime. I will hope to get that next visit.  Cheesy
Best,
  Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: