About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 04:54:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Input on this mystery?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Input on this mystery?  (Read 385 times)
Bellafreedom
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:52:43 pm »

I came across this snuff bottle and would like to know if anyone has a clue about it.  I have searched and can not find anything even resembling it.  Same goes for the stopper.   The bottle is slightly heavy.  The bottom has no etching or marking of any kind, only a slight dip.  The black swirlys can't be scratched off.  There are two raised leaves near the bottom and some raised dots on the other side.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!   Smiley

* Snuff Bottle 101.JPG (2561.21 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 29 times.)

* Snuff Bottle 112.JPG (2917.01 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 19 times.)

* snuff bottle 118.JPG (2235.78 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 25 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 02:47:39 pm »

Could you please resize the images much smaller...

Notice how large they are after you click on the thumbnail images...

Maybe even crop out the excess area surounding the bottle first ...

I would do it for you, but the images are way to large for me to take a screen shot..
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:51:34 pm »

Hi Bella,

It looks like a very nice looking swirl glass snuff bottle, I would think its a contemporary based on the shape and color of the bottle.

When I say its contemporary, which doesn't mean it doesn't have a collecting value, many collectors collect modern snuff bottles as well, specially the well made ones.

There is some antique swirl snuff bottles out there as well, normally it would imitate some other material, the one I attached is 19th imitating agate swirl glass bottle.

One last thing, if you will post any pics later, would you please resize the image, so it will be more readable for other members, also can save some storage space for us as well.

Thank you!

Steven

* swglass.JPG (39.14 KB, 500x780 - viewed 16 times.)

* glass1.jpg (356.47 KB, 600x684 - viewed 21 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Bellafreedom
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:13:23 pm »

Sorry about the size guys.  Bottle Guy has offered and hopefully he can do that for me.
Report Spam   Logged
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:04:18 pm »

Sorry about the size guys.  Bottle Guy has offered and hopefully he can do that for me.

Looks like Steven was able to capture and resize one of your images..  So not to worry about it this time, but yes, please do resize your pics next time.. I did get your PM, so if you do not know how to resize an image, go ahead and send them to me at geori1957@yahoo.com next time.

You can read through this thread.. It tells about using Photobucket, and Flickr, and also shows how to crop and resize images..

http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html

No worries, no stress....  Smiley  Happy to help you with the images if you continue to have troubles, and thank you for the message...
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: