General information about the Site

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, evaluating, identifying, researching, appraisals, and much more.

We are also currently working extra hard towards supporting, and giving well deserved recognition to all new and upcoming student artists of "Very Modern" inside painted bottles.

Photobucket

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Adrain shared this beautiful Ye Zhongsan smokey rock crystal bottle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gotheborg's Marks On Chinese Porcelain

Photobucket

Snuff Bottle Collector

The International Chinese Snuff Bottle Society

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
August 18, 2017, 08:58:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Downloads Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Consider the Artists ! Not just your collection and wallet !

Pages: 1 [2]
  Add poll  |  Print  
Author Topic: Consider the Artists ! Not just your collection and wallet !  (Read 1144 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 09:16:39 am »

Hi  Bill

Aaaaaaaah !   Wang  Sijia !  Unmistakable   skill  !

Wang Sijia  also  painted the incredible  pictures  of my cats  :  which   again  shows   his love  of  animals   ( see  postinsg below)

For  Forum Members  :   Li  Shouxun has   3  x  top students /  budding   junior masters

- Wang  Sijia
   - Shen Yiwei
   - Kang Hongxi

You  can see  many of their  best works  on  Bill's  website  www. snuffbottlecollector.com

Cheers   Peter  @  HK

Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 08:03:34 pm »

Hi  Bill

Aaaaaaaah !   Wang  Sijia !  Unmistakable   skill  !

Wang Sijia  also  painted the incredible  pictures  of my cats  :  which   again  shows   his love  of  animals   ( see  postinsg below)

For  Forum Members  :   Li  Shouxun has   3  x  top students /  budding   junior masters

- Wang  Sijia
   - Shen Yiwei
   - Kang Hongxi

You  can see  many of their  best works  on  Bill's  website  www. snuffbottlecollector.com

Thought I might share a Kang Hongxi that bill presently has listed.. Very pretty ..

eBay Link....

Report Spam   Logged

Joey
Private Boards

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

Dear Peter, George, et al,
    I just read this thread from the beginning.
There has never yet been an IPSB which sold for US$800,000. The highest ANY IPSB has fetched till now , was under US$180,000, for a Ma Shaoxuan portrait bottle, sold in NYC. George Bloch bought it to set a base price for the other 20 he had.
    I'm sorry guys, but this whole thread is as much BS as the 99% versus the 1% BS of the Democrats and their president.
   If you want to buy VMIPSBs, buy them; I know I do.
  And  if you want to buy the works of the 'Old Masters' of IPSBs, for big bucks (or small bucks, if you are like Tom B., Steven, Giovanni, etc.; seemingly, everyone but me!  Sad), then buy them; I know I do and will.
 Pseudo-ethical, self-righteous posturing and preaching is really counter-productive, IMHO.
Sorry,
 Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »

Hi  Joey

Thanks  for your  reply

Maybe  there  was   a  misunderstanding.  At the  Yantai   MIPB    expo  in  2009 there  was a  presentation by a  Chinese - American   collector   which   said  that  the  highest  price  ever  paid  for  any  snuff bottle  (  not  inside  painted)  was  at that  time  US$800,000.  However  that was  overtaken   several  times  over  by   the  Bloch  auctions

Re  the  highest  price   ever  paid  for  an  IPB  -  I   guess that  was  also  at the  Bloch  auctions,  and it  was  indeed for   the  MSX  portrait  bottles ( I  cannot  remember the  price  -  but  it  was  somewhere  close to  HK$1.5 M  =  US$200K

Cheers
Peter

PS  :  this   thread  is  very  old  and I wrote  some    rather  naive  things  at the  time
Report Spam   Logged

Joey
Private Boards

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 08:37:34 am »

Dear Peter,
   I owe you an apology. I didn't look at when the thread was started, and, let's be honest, who else here is buying bottles of the type you talked about? Some of the statements were 'naive', to give them the most generous interpretation possible; but I should have realised that you meant no ill by what you wrote.
  I am always irked by people telling other people how they should spend their money. Especially since it always seems to be someone else trying to preach to me how I should spend my money in a (to them) better way. Although not always.
  I believe each person should do as they see fit. It is your business how you spend your dosh; and mine how I spend mine.
  One Ultra-Orthodox Rabbi's wife, who does a lot of good works, actually ordered me to give my annual charity money (we tithe: minimum 10% to maximum 20%) in a certain way. I retorted that if G-D Had Wanted her to divvy it up, He Would Have Given it to her!
  Best, A freezing Joey
(my heating is on the blink on the level of my home where my study and bedroom are located, and it's freezing cold here - snow is falling in Jerusalem! I'll go upstairs to the main level, when I finish on the computer. Shocked)
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver, collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: 1 [2]
  Add poll  |  Print  

Jump to: