About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 05:21:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Consider the Artists ! Not just your collection and wallet !

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Consider the Artists ! Not just your collection and wallet !  (Read 2083 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

Dear Peter, George, et al,
    I just read this thread from the beginning.
There has never yet been an IPSB which sold for US$800,000. The highest ANY IPSB has fetched till now , was under US$180,000, for a Ma Shaoxuan portrait bottle, sold in NYC. George Bloch bought it to set a base price for the other 20 he had.
    I'm sorry guys, but this whole thread is as much BS as the 99% versus the 1% BS of the Democrats and their president.
   If you want to buy VMIPSBs, buy them; I know I do.
  And  if you want to buy the works of the 'Old Masters' of IPSBs, for big bucks (or small bucks, if you are like Tom B., Steven, Giovanni, etc.; seemingly, everyone but me!  Sad), then buy them; I know I do and will.
 Pseudo-ethical, self-righteous posturing and preaching is really counter-productive, IMHO.
Sorry,
 Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: