About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 04:32:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

2014 ICSBS Annual Convention in HK / Xian + BJ

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 ICSBS Annual Convention in HK / Xian + BJ  (Read 1107 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: February 26, 2013, 08:36:59 am »

Hi All

Last  sunday     24.2 .2013   I  joined a  small  meeting  in HK  hosted  by  Berthe  Ford  ( current ICSBS  president)  and  her  husband   John Ford  (  ex -  ICSBS  President)

Also present  were   3   x  HK  collectors   plus  a  representative   from  Bonhams  -  Sally  Fong    who  handle the  Bloch  Auctions,     and  Rosanne   from  CA  Design  who  does  the  ICSBS  Journal

It  was  great  meeting  and  Berthe  mapped  out  an  SB-action -packed   program  for  the  HK  leg  of the  2014   convention .  Non-stop  REAL SB  stuff   ! 

Then   we  will  move  to  Xian  (details  yet to be   announced)  and  finally   Beijing  (with  some  super stuff  -  places  I  have  never  had  access  to  in  25  years  :  certainly  NO   Great  Wall/ Forbidden   City   type tack-on    tourist   trip !)

Bottom  line  :  I  was  totally  impressed  by  Berthe 's  overall  concept  and  I  will  actually  pay  the  extra  mile  to   stay at  the  Shangrila    Kowloon   hotel   (  East TsimShaTsui)    during the   HK  leg,  even  though  I  live  just   across  the  harbor,  just  so  I  can  join  the  breakfast  gossip

This  will  be a  seminal    convention  ! 

Cheers
Peter

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:12:35 pm by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:12:11 pm »

Calling all newbies! Please come to ICSBS NYC Con.2013, and ICSBS Hong Kong/Xian Con.2014. You'll love them and we'd love to have you. Welcome all!
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: