About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 08:20:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Novice Seeking info about Newly Acquired Inside Painted Bottle - Take 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Novice Seeking info about Newly Acquired Inside Painted Bottle - Take 2  (Read 411 times)
bdleanza
« on: February 20, 2013, 02:25:08 pm »

Hi, I tried posing this previously but I think I twice failed at uploading adequate photos. I'm going to try again. This is an inside painted snuff bottle that I acquired at an auction among a large collection of Chinese art. There seems to be a red symbol/signature on one side, but I've had no luck matching it to another. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully these images are ok and I don't waste anyone else's time. Thanks!

* snuffbottle1.jpg (40.86 KB, 360x480 - viewed 26 times.)

* snuffbottle2.jpg (39.2 KB, 360x480 - viewed 21 times.)

* snuffbottle3 15-16-46.jpg (12.15 KB, 136x140 - viewed 63 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:25:59 pm »

Dear Bdleanza,

Welcome to the forum!

Glad that you like snuff bottle, I think you got a good start on collecting bottles.

When I first started the collect bottles, I found those bottles very interesting, well made IMO at that time. But we you study more, you will find there is much more beautiful bottles out there. The one you got is actually not hand painted, they are printed by the new technology, the color is not as bright as it should be.

-George,

I can't find one thread tell us how to ID and fake bottles for the beginner, can you find it for Bdleanza.

Cheers!

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »

http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,53.0.html

This will help as well!
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 03:40:29 pm »

-George,

I can't find one thread tell us how to ID and fake bottles for the beginner, can you find it for Bdleanza.

Here ya go... http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,25.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 03:51:06 pm »

Want to add that I also like a lot of these contemporary bottles... Not this particular one, but there are many out there that I think are very well painted and as Pat mentioned before, feel like they are undervalued...

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: