About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 04:22:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

National Palace Museum in Taipei

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: National Palace Museum in Taipei  (Read 535 times)
KAZ

« on: February 07, 2013, 04:43:34 pm »

I am not sure if this exhibition has been already introduced in this forum or not. So for safety I post this exhibition site directory as below.

The name of the exhibition is "Lifting the spirit and Body - The Art and Culture of Snuff Bottles" and is open till June 20 2013.

I have been there in the end of January. It was excellent and amazing. If somebody has a chance to go to Taipei, it should be visited.

http://www.npm.gov.tw/exh101/snuff_bottles/index.html

Misu
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:01:22 am »

Thanks for sharing Misu.

That is an amazing web link. I was mezmerized by the short video clip.....really well made!
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Tom B.
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:26:04 am »

Dear KAZ,

Judging by the great images you are lucky to have been able to visit the exhibition.  What an outstanding group of Imperial snuff bottles. Are there others on display besides the ones showing online?

And thank you for posting that link, I had planned to do so but got sidetracked.  I found it a few weeks ago and used a few of the images as comparative objects to a small 18th century Imperial enameled metal dish we were discussing on another forum.  I was actually admiring the Black faux-aventurine glass snuff bottle http://www.npm.gov.tw/exh101/snuff_bottles/en/photo2015.html just before reading your post. Really great things on that  web link.

Best regards,

Tom B.

Report Spam   Logged

Best regards,

Tom B.

KAZ

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 01:25:42 am »

Dear Tom B.,

Unfortunately, the link seems to cover only a part of the exhibition. There are much more bottles including YZS, ZLY and MSX especially whose two typical cat bottles are lovely.
There is a catalogue sold in a museum shop in which you can see every bottle.
While, there are limited numbers of IPB, perhaps only 10 or less. Majority is other than IPB.

Misu
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 05:59:26 am »

Misu,
   Thank you for sharing that with us.
 Have a Joyous Spring Festival,
Shabbat Shalom,
    Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970