About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 02:49:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

RSS feed

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RSS feed  (Read 441 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:13 am »

Hey   All

Just  got   62  x  RSS  feeds  to my  private email   address   from the  Forum.....

Heck  - that's  just ONE   night  of   catching  up !

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:09:41 am »

Not many people use RSS ... I do for several websites.. It is a nice way to stay current..

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 02:30:52 am »

Hi George,

I don't really understand how this works. I noticed a new folder marked RSS appear on my Outlook a few moths ago. When I opened it I got a long string of feeds to "Snuff Bottle Collector", not the Forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 02:48:20 am »

As far as I know, the only way you should or would get any kind of notifications is if you actually subscribed to the RSS feed at the Snuff Bottle Collectors Blog..

In answer to how it works..

There are many different news feeders out there.. I use Google..

So you would create an account with which ever one you like, then you can click on any RSS feed icon and add that content to your subscribed feeds..

You can see the forum has a small rss feed icon at the end of each board on the public forum.. Also at the top of the forum..

If you subscribe to the ones on top, you would get newely added content/posts/topic, etc added to your news feeder hourly, daily, or weekly..  As compared to the individual ones on each board, if you subscibe to any of those, you would just get newely added content added for just that part of the forum..

It is a nice feature for forums that have a tremendous amount of daily content added, but your really only interested in a couple of areas within the forum..  Also useful for online shopping venues.. ..
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:49:31 am »

Thanks for explaining it George.
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:59:13 am »

Hi  George   - All

I  was   NOT  objecting  to the   62  -  whatever  notifiations  to my  private   email  address   via  RSS

Indeed  I  welcome  every  one  of  them  !

I was  just  amazed    - and  delighted  -  at  the    current   volume  of     traffic  on the   The   Forum

If   things  like  this   keep   escalating  - as  I'm  sure   will  happen  -  us  "regulars"   will  have  to   abstain  from the  frequent   "nice bottle"   polite    reply  so  we  can    cut   down  to  only  really   poisitive   inputs

I   review  every   posting  these   days   and I  often   want   write  a   quick  "YEAH  ! "  But  I  refrain  from  doing  so  because   I  know  it  would  muck up  the   serious    dialogue   going  on

So  I  only   reply  on  an  issue   where  I think   I can  contribute  helpfully

But   -  to  all of  you  guys n  gals   out  there  in   outside -VMIPB -  nether space   :  I  do  follow  every     posting   as   enthusiatically  as   anything  within the  VMIPB   area   where  I can  contribute    with  some  authority.

I  just   don't  comment   when   -  however    enthusiatic  I may  feel  -  my  comment   would    only  ad    noise  to  signal

Cheers   to  All 

Peter   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: