About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:25:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Our 3rd year Anniversary

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our 3rd year Anniversary  (Read 577 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: February 03, 2013, 12:17:03 am »

Hey   All

Did I   spell "annivesrary "  correctly  ?

Without  Spell-check   I   don't  know, and  frankly  I   don't   give a   ****

What matters   to me  more  than  anything  is that  we  have   become an  on-line  community   and  that  we  are   growing   in   strength  and  maturity

George  :   You's  the  Man   and you  have my  vote  ( not to  mention  my  financial  support)

I  am  with   you  all the   way  to  steer a  middle line  among  the  conflicting   views   re   which   way  the   Forum  steers

Count me  in   as  a   standby  helmsman     when    storms   come  ( as  they   will indeed  come)

But  if   any of  you    out there   want  to  argue,  please   start  with   who or  whatever    created   THIS !

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/117375

Drill  in  deep to    the   giga   pic   and  understand   that  for  every    billion  star   out   there  in our   OWN   galxaxy    there  are    an  equal  number  of  billion  such-sized   galaxies  -  if  not  more

Now   doesn't   that   put  our  tiny   squabbles   back    in  a  bottle  ?

I hope  so

Love  Ya

Cheers
Peter

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:42:58 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:42:11 am »

Err....Peter,

Looks like a bunch of stars to me.   Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:45:36 am »

Hi Tom
Drill  in deep  !
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:35:05 am »

Peter,
    The second time, you didn't spell anniversary correctly.  And it seems to me as if you are doing it on purpose.
Read my last posting on the 'confused' thread:  I wrote that your dismissal of something that causes me stress, as not being important to you, is HURTFUL to me.

We are called upon to be respectful of each other. I've always tried to be respectful of you and others; please do me the same courtesy.
   And please DON'T arbitrarily decide it should be dealt with 'privately' in future,  after you throw in yet another purposely misspelled 'zinger'.  Again, it shows disrespect.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:40:00 pm »

Hi  Joey

I  moved  this  topic  to the  Pub

Peter
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:48:52 pm by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 07:35:53 pm »

My heartiest congratulations to George and all founding stalwarts of this Forum.
I am glad that I chanced on it last year ( in the process, reconnected with Richard Baey ! )
I have learnt a lot from reading the string of previous threads  -  your collective wisdom !
Thank you !
Regards,
Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: