About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:41:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

A Little More Caligraphy Please !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little More Caligraphy Please !  (Read 1593 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:56 am »

One thing that attracts me to purchasing a bottle is lots of caligraphy. Believe it adds to the value and I love the overall look of these bottles.

Every now and then I see a bottle that only consists of caligraphy. They are beautiful !!

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:15:57 pm »

Here is another great example !

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
liam
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:25:47 am »

Hi,
I just posted three photos of a bottle that has only calligraphy painted inside. I'd love to hear your opinion. I'm guessing you must have an impressive collection and considerable knowledge. I certainly appreciate all your posts and all your efforts. Here is one photo of the front of the bottle.
Liam

Report Spam   Logged
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:38:14 pm »

I'm guessing you must have an impressive collection and considerable knowledge.

Not at all Liam..

I collected several bottles about four years ago. Sold them and just recently started collecting again. So my collection is small, but it is growing slowly !

Nor am I an expert by any means.

After searching high and low for a discussion forum dedicated to these beautiful bottles, could not find one anyplace online.

That is what led me to start this one. Very interested in sharing and learning from other collectors.

I can not read any of the different Chinese styles of writing. I get a little help from one of our members ( BIll / snuffbottlecollecter ), and also a little help from another collecter in China in regards to translating any scripts on these bottles.

Neat little bottle though Liam  Smiley

Now I am heading over to see the others you posted ! 

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:55:05 pm by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: