About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 01:26:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Jet ( Lignite ) Qing Dynasty 1821-1850

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Jet ( Lignite ) Qing Dynasty 1821-1850  (Read 7569 times)
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 04:34:24 am »

Way to go!  I think yoiu made a home run on this one. I actually think it could just as easy be Qianlong.  There was one sold signed Yizhai that is very much like your shape and foot. That one is given a broad date but could be as early as 1740.

Dear All,
   Thanks to all of you for your kind comments.

Hi Tom B.,
   If you are referring to the Yizhai in the Bloch Collection, I have looked at all ten jet bottles in TCSB Vol.7, and personally think two others are closer in appearance (if you have the book, they are nos. 1603 and 1605; the Yizhai is no. 1604). To me it follows the classic Daoguang rectangular 'flask' shape, which is probably why Y.F. Yang assigned it to that period when he sold it to the seller's father in 1968. But, interestingly, one of the above mentioned Bloch bottles is dated to as early as 1760. So it may be Qianlong, but we will never know! 

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:37:16 am by Wattana » Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: