About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 11:08:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hotmail and Skype

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotmail and Skype  (Read 345 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: January 17, 2013, 06:54:50 pm »

Hi All

I guess  we  all have  our  own   favorite     email  systems  :  some  of us  use  the  local  service  provider and  others use   web-based   email  (  e.g  @  MSN,  @ hotmail,  @gmail  @yahoo   etc  )

I have been using    @hotmail.com  for  over   12  years  and also for  instant  messaging.   I get  unlimited   storage  - so it  seems  (  over  7,000  messages  and  attachments   stored  indefinitely) .  Recently   Hotmail  upgraded  and the   new  software  is  SUPER  user-freindly  !  Also  Hotmail   just  merged   with  Skype  for  instant  messaging and   free on-line  phone calls

But  beware  of   gmail  -    Google  is  blocked  in China   so  gmail  addresses  are also  blocked

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:33:10 pm »

Thanks for letting us know that! I had no idea, guess I am spoiled to all kinds of access resources here in the US.  Look forward to learning more about the current day artists from you!  Jo
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:51:56 pm »

Peter,
  Thank you for letting us know - I didn't know gmail addresses were blocked in the PRC because of Google. I guess the PRC is not as "new" yet as we'd thought.
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: