About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 10:21:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Things they are a-rocking !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things they are a-rocking !  (Read 1697 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: January 15, 2013, 11:44:50 am »

Hey  All

The   Forum is  now  firing  on  both  barrels   !

Things  are  really  a-rocking

This  is  GREAT !

Cheers
Peter

PS:  If  I sometimes  blurb on in morose  or  verbi-fluous  moments  please   apply the   crap-trap   rule  and   just  dump  what I   write.   Heck - we  all   write   crap  from time to  time    Wink     Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »

Dear Peter,
   I beg to differ. Usually, what you write is interesting AND true. Occasionally, you 'get off track'. We all do, at one time or another.
   And you know what Oscar Wilde wrote to the young man who had sent him a mss. "Young Sir, your mss. is both interesting in parts, and true in parts; sadly, what is true is not interesting, and what is interesting, is not true. Yours,
Oscar Wilde"  Cheesy
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 06:17:58 pm »

Hi  Joey

Cheesy

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:30:54 pm »

Hi  Joey,

What you   wrote     reminds  me  about   what  we   used  to joke  about  Tung  Chee-Wah,  HK's  first   Chief  Executive   after the  1997  handover  to  China  ( =  president  in    western  terms)

He  really was a   dumb wit  and was  finally  fired  by  Beijing  after   we  had  had   500,000-person  march  one    Sunday  afternoon on the  anniversary  of the  HK  SAR  ( Special  Administrative  Region)

The  saying  is  that  he  a  brain operation  but  the  doctors   couldn't  find   anything   right  on the  left hand  side   and  couldn't  find   anything  left  on the   right hand  side

Grin

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:47:19 pm »

Cute!
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »

Hi  Joey

I  hope  I  still  do have  something    right  on the  left  hand  side  of  my  brain and   something left  on  the   right hand  side  Wink

I do  sometimes   write   some  utter  crap  on the   Forum,  but that's  only  because  I'm a  bit  fanatical  and  one  cannot  be a   true  collector  unless  one is a  bit  fanatical

@ ALL  :  When I  do  write   crap and/ or  go  overboard on an issue ,  please  bear  with me  and gently  bring me  back in line

Cheers
Peter

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:45:10 pm by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

deelsb26

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

Peter I'm so glad you said "one cannot be a ture collector unless one is a bit fanatical"...I thought it was just me Grin Hey, I know I don't have much expertise, and don't know what I add to the forum, but hey, I can at least give a smartaleck remark or something now and then...anyway, thanks for putting up with me. I do enjoy this forum, and learn SO much.
Thanks to all of you Smiley
Danna
Report Spam   Logged

Danna
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 07:44:35 pm »

Hey  Danna

We  are  all  learning,  from   semi -novices  like  me  to  "grand  masters" like   Joey  (  fount of   wisdom)  and   mature  collectors   in between  (  Tom,  Charll, Pat,    Bill   et  al )

And  always   George  is there  to  moderate    Wink

Heck  - we  have  become a  small   on-line  community  !  It's  fun  and  I love  it !

Cheers
Peter
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:46:12 pm by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 11:20:00 am »

I love this small on-line community and am having a great time learning from everyone! Jo
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »

Peter,
  At least write it 'fount of wisdom'... Cheesy
Shabbat Shalom
And here's to my first anniversary on the Forum!
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 03:08:52 pm »

Hey  Joey

Is  it  only  one  year  since  you  joined  the  Forum  ? 

Seems  like a  lifetime because  you  have   done  so much and  shared   so much  these  past  months  and  we  on the  Forum have  grown  to love  you  so much

(OK  : I   can  speak  only   for  myself - but   as  myself  I really    do love  your  whole-heated involvement   in the  Forum ,  and  your   total  HONESTY ,  not to mention the   'depth of   wisdom + history'  you  bring  in )

If  you  have  one    quest  for   2013 : please  help the  Forum  to  link up with  ICSBS   in  some   super-friendly  way

We are  not a  threat   to the  ICSBS  -  rather  we    complement   what they    do    like  an  alter  ego . 

We can both   exist  in happy  harmony  and  share   stuff , because   we  are  all  crazy  collector  fanatics !

Over  to  you

Cheers
Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 04:15:18 pm »

Peter,
   While I'm embarrassed by your effusive praise (I DO have a mild case of Asperger's, after all), I heartily agree that we must effect some form of synergy between the Forum and the ICSBS in 2013, and I will happily work with you to achieve that goal.
   Of course the Forum poses no threat to the ICSBS! The opposite is the truth. It is such a wonderful venue for lovers of these miniature treasures to meet and exchange knowledge, and opinions, and yes, sometimes BS!
   But if a computer illiterate like myself can navigate it so well, and I can and do, ANYONE can! What a pleasure.
G-D Bless,
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: