About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 12:14:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Our second anniversary !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our second anniversary !  (Read 2087 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: December 26, 2012, 04:57:49 am »

Hi All

This   Forum  started  in  early  2011,  which  means  we  are  about to  hit  our  2nd   anniversary

What  amazing  progress  we  have all made  in those   2  years,  and  what great   fun  we  have  had  !

I am  a  paid  up  member  of the   ICSBS,  but  I cannot   write to  their  journal  and  enthuse  in  such  simplistic  but  totally  genuine   terms   about a    furry  cat  bottle *. But  on the   Forum  I can do  so !

I  propose a  huge  vote   of thanks  for   George  and   all he   has  done  for  us  

Best  wishes  for the  New  year  of the   SNUFF  BOTTLE

Cheers

Peter

PS :  It's  now   official  :  the   ICSBS   2014  annual  convention   will  be  held  in   Hong  Kong and   Xian,  with  an  optional   extension   tourist  trip to   BJ.  The    dealer's  room  will  be     arranged  in HK  ( only)   for   simplicity  of   import/ export  of   antique  bottles.    But  I  promise to  arrange    an extension   tour  to   Hengshui and   Shijiazhuang   for   any  Forum  members  who     join  as  part of the  ICSBS    convention,  or  who just come  as   free-lance for the   ride

* see the   VMIPB  section  :  my  new topic  re  furry  animal  MIPBs and    furry   feelings

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:40:11 am »

Dear Peter,
   I agree 100%, even though my personal first anniversary will be on 18.Jan.2013.  I have not yet been on a year, at yet it feels like I've known you all for many years.
 In Rick's, JerryL's, and Charll's cases that is true, but with all of you I feel like we've been friends for many years.
And May the year 2013 be even better for all of us.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

aidan31

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:38:36 am »

Dear Peter-

It's not often that someone puts as much work into a project like this that benefits so many other people.  The sucess of the Forum is a tribute to all the work and time put forth.

What makes the Forum unique is the information exchanged so freely between avid collectors.  This is a resource that many collectors in other areas do not have and I am so thankful for the opportunity to draw on other collectors experience.

May 2013 bring even more.

Best wishes,
Rick
Report Spam   Logged

deelsb26

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 10:28:52 am »

well said by all! Thank you george, peter, and everyone on this great forum!
Danna
Report Spam   Logged

Danna
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:56:53 am »

Excellent observation Peter !

Thanks for all the participation form you guys and gals here !

Because that is what makes this such a great forum !
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 02:47:18 pm »

Dear all,
I have just written in another topic that I fully agree with you on this. Thanks George, thanks to all, thanks to internet!
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Tom B.
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 06:52:20 pm »

Hi everyone,

I can only agree with all of the gratitude expressed here; this Forum - George's baby - is the greatest place on earth to meet likeminded Snuff Bottle collectors.  When you realize how thinly real enthusiasts are spread around the world, it is nothing less than extraordinary to find so many assembled in one place.  It is hard to believe that so much information has been collected in such a short time, but then we probably have a couple of hundred years combined experience among the members.  

Happy anniversary Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum and many happy returns,

Tom Boyle
Report Spam   Logged

Best regards,

Tom B.

Lamlam

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:19:39 am »

As a newbie, I have visited this forum time and again and the knowledge being shared here is amazing.  Thank you, George for organizing this and all the other members. 

Joey, thank you much for your replies to my emails.  You were most helpful.

I am busy learning and looking forward to more fun to come

Cheers,

Curt
Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 04:12:53 am »

Well Guys and Gals,

I whole heartedly agree with all that has been said. I only joined the Forum in June this year, barely six months, but like Joey and others have said, it feels like I have known you all for years already.

Tom L
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 04:31:10 am »

Dear Curt,
   I'm glad I was able to help.
Successful Collecting (and Life!) for 2013
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 05:09:30 am »

Happy end of year and a prosperous new one to all.  Thanks George. You're the man....  thanks for bringing us together here!
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 09:46:55 am »

Thanks so much George and thanks to Charll for telling me about the forum.  I am learning a lot and enjoying every minute of it.  As a new collector August 2010, it has been a wonderful way for me to learn more.  Special thanks to you again George for getting this started.  Also special thanks to Charll and Joey for being so helpful to the new kid on the block.  Wishing everyone a great 2013 with many new treasures to be found.  Jo
Report Spam   Logged

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »

Happy New Year all fellow collectors !
I agree too that this is a wonderful Forum. I was a member
of ICSBS in the early 90's but stopped being one.
Thanks to George for implementing this
idea of an open Forum ! Happy Anniversary
to the Forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 01:23:53 am »

Hey  George

Seems  the  Oscars are  flooding  in   Smiley

You's  really  THE  MAN     for  what  you  did   to  start the  Forum ( and  fight   off  the   far  distant   challenge  from the  ICSBS    re   some   stooopid   cpyright   thing  -  total  BS    stuff  )

What  you have  done is  to  open  this   whole   world  to   anyone  and  everyone  (no  need  for  US$150  p.a.   annual  fee)  and  make  it   FUN

Here  on the  Forum we  can  all   talk  freely  / act  like   dumbo's  /  just  hang  out  /  do  our  own  thing  and  behave  as  normal    collectors    in real  life   do  :    somewhat  normal  /  somewhat  fanatic   and  somewhat  totally  time-out  (  as  I  did  the past  month)

But   finally   we  are  all  together  in one  community    and  we   either  stick  together  or  die

There's     some  of  us  ( no names)  who   left  in a  huff,  but  then  rejoined   to  become   even more   fervent  members.   There's    those ,  albeit  with  occasional   time-outs  like me,   ( and  again  no names)    who after   joining hung in there and  always  will  hang  in   though  thick  and   thin. 

But  we  are    still   all  in  here   together   in  1  Jan.   2013 !

Welcome   2013  and our   3rd  Year,  thanks  to  you :    George

Love  Ya  !

Cheers
Peter

PS  :  If  ever  you  need   a  donation  to keep  things  flowing  and  keep  off the    freebie   ads  on the  site  just  email  me  direct and I  will  paypal  you    some   USD immediatley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:36:40 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:06 pm »

Thank you everyone, and hope you all had a wonderful holliday , and truly wish you all a excellent 2013.. With many new bottles to be added to your collections !!
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
KAZ

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 06:17:34 pm »

I also wish to thank George and everybody here in Forum. After joining Forum I am getting moreand more interested in MIPB. Thanks to the location I am now living (Beijing), I can regularly communicate with Jill and LiHui. I wish to study further about MIPB also from now on.

I wish everybody to have a prosperous new year !

Cheers
Misu
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 04:59:18 pm »

Thank you Misu,
  Amen to that!
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]