About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 11:02:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Anyone can help me whit this JingdeZhen mark?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone can help me whit this JingdeZhen mark?  (Read 1428 times)
guest226
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:29:21 pm »

Hello for all I just buyed some days ago a very beautifull bowl I know that here is not the right forum to ask for this kind of help.
For me how Iīm from Spain is a little bit dificult to translate the chinese words.

Someone translated me the text but Iīm not very sure:

Jing De Zhen
Xi Xuan Yuan
Meng Jing

And I understand that Jing De Zhen is a very popular town from China and the last is The name of an artist Meng Jing the problem is I canīt find nothing about this artist on google here.
For me is a beautifull item but I donīt know nothing more about this item!

Sorry If I disturb whit this messaje!

Thx for all!

* IMG_9189.JPG (146.26 KB, 800x504 - viewed 38 times.)

* IMG_9208.JPG (161.89 KB, 800x597 - viewed 26 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 02:38:59 pm »

Glad to help if we can!

The translation you got over there is correct.

Normally the artist or the craftman won't sign his/her name on the porcelain ware.

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

Steven

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 02:41:03 pm »

Just a kind remind, would you please post it under the porcelain bottle category next time.Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

guest226
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »

Just a kind remind, would you please post it under the porcelain bottle category next time.Smiley
I didnīt know were to post, and how I said I donīt want to disturb!

Thx very much Steven

Meng Jing is how I thinked the name of the artist but I canīt find nothing about this artist...

Report Spam   Logged
Steven

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 03:17:48 pm »

http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/board,6.0.html

you might post it on that category.

No worry, you are totally fine, it will take a while to used to  how to post it to a right place.
Report Spam   Logged

Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 03:28:20 pm »

Dear Barcelona-antic (sorry I don't remember your name). Why do you worry about the artist name? I am wondering if you think that your bowl has some age. If so, sorry it has not, it is a modern piece and to know the artist name will not add much to it I think. I am not diminishing it, it has its own charm and what is important is that you like it. I am just placing it under the right light.
Kind regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 03:49:19 pm »

The bowl is modern but very beautiful. I think it is a good idea to learn all you can about it. Do it now, while the artist may be alive. Possibly you could research pottery workshops making this type of ware, contact them with photos and ask if you can be put in contact with the artist. You'll learn a lot directly from the artist.
  When I was doing my catalogue, I found a Chinese doctoral student at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, who could read and write English almost as well as Chinese. He earned extra cash, and I got my info translated. If you get info in Chinese from the artist, you can get it translated.
Joey
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:45:14 pm by Joey » Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: