About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 09:31:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hello from Spain Barcelona

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Spain Barcelona  (Read 2748 times)
guest226
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:48 pm »

Hello again thx to ALL!! I´m very happy to be here!

So I´m gonna be bad and I want to ask for help whit this http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,1286.0.html and sorry if I disturb someone whit this topic!

Report Spam   Logged
OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 08:48:19 am »

Hello Jose !  
This is Inn Bok from Singapore. Welcome on board too.
Enjoy reading the past posts of our experts. They have been very enlightening to me.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas !
Report Spam   Logged

DCist
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 04:08:51 pm »

Bienvienidos Jose!

Estoy en Alemania y esoy muy agradecido de conocer otro aqui en Europa.  Estaba en su pais hace dos semanas quando visite a Santiago de Compostela.  Yo tengo una coleccion muy pequeno que inherite de mis padres.

Ted
Report Spam   Logged
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 04:15:13 pm »

Ted,
   You are going to Santiago de Compostela?! I've been planning a hike with friends there for the last couple of years, but it has been on the low burner. Mainly because the 3 or 4 of us are lazy! Are you hiking part of the way, or visiting in the regular fashion? Please tell me all about it after you visit.
Shabbat Shalom,
    Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

DCist
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »

Joey,

I was there two weeks ago - flew Ryan Air, which was an experience.  I had three days, and hiking from Germany is not possible.  Santiago is beautiful, very green and the old city is well preserved. Enjoyed the bagpipes.  Totally recommend the tour of the roof of the cathedral.  However, being the non-catholic I question the whole story of how St. James ended up there.

I did like the fish though, big change from Germany.  Also, they have an awesome almond cake.
Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 04:43:12 pm »

Dear Ted,
    I've not used my Spanish, learned in Toronto before 1973, in about 30 years. I mixed up 'was going' with 'went'.
Sorry.
   As a Jew, I stay out of those issues, but I really want to go with some friends from Ireland, who are Latin Catholic (RC), to do at least part of the pilgrimage on foot. It won't be a pilgrimage for me of course, but will be an experience, and hopefully, will give me an idea of what our forefathers would have felt when going up to Jerusalem for pilgrimage 3 times a year, on Passover,  Shavuot (Pentecost) and Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles).
   If I don't get a chance, Have a Happy Passover! It's early this year (Seder is on the 25th.Mar., I think).
Shabbat Shalom,
      Joey
Report Spam   Logged

DCist
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 05:01:09 pm »

Joey,

No problem. Thanks for the Passover wishes.  You are right, it is early this year, and my wife and younger son will be here with me so we will have a family seder together.  I was shocked to see that matzoh is for sale all year round.  Don't think it is kosher for Passover, but it is matzoh!

Chag sameach!

Ted
Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 05:11:09 pm »

Ted,
   Do you want me to send you some Kosher lePesach Matzot from here? It is not hard to do.
 Let me know (but soon, only 24 shipping days till  Seder!  Grin)
Shabbat Shalom,
     Joey
Report Spam   Logged

DCist
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 08:16:10 am »

Joey:

That would be great - not too many boxes though. Can I send you my address off line?
Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 11:07:10 am »

Dear Ted,
    Of course! Send it to my email address or open my 'file', and scroll down to where it says, "send a personal message'.
 I'll send you a couple of boxes. Do you want regular Matza or Egg Matza, or one of each ? I'll also see if I can send you three handmade matzot for the Seder table.
    Thanks for letting me do the mitzva!
Best,
 Joey
Report Spam   Logged

joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 08:39:33 pm »

Hi Jose and welcome to the Forum.  I live in North Carolina and have been collecting snuff bottles for about three years, have always collected antiques but really love these minature beauties.

I think your country is beautiful and enjoyed a visit there a few years ago.  We went to Santiago de Compostela while there and enjoyed the pilgrim service.  We did not hike in like many, but none the less enjoyed the service. 

Look forward to seeing your bottles.

Again, welcome aboard!  Jo
Report Spam   Logged

guest226
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 10:09:33 am »

Hello guys!
I had some problems whit my internet coneccion I changed my house but I come back again!
Report Spam   Logged
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 11:14:40 am »

Welcome back Jose!
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 11:49:33 am »

Welcome back !