About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 01:53:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Two pebbles

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two pebbles  (Read 2773 times)
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 05:26:50 am »

Dear YT,
definitely not, the base of your bottle doesn't show the typical concentration of the swirls toward the center of the base. Nevertheless the mouth is like an open book in my opinion, it must be blown glass.
Kind regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 10:14:13 pm »

Dear Giovanni,

Thank you. I will show to Joey when he is doing his 'world tour' Grin

Cheers,
YT
Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2014, 10:46:48 pm »

Hi All,

For your reference, here is a link to an upcoming Bonhams auction, which includes some fine examples of real amber, as well as realgar glass:

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21785/

Enjoy!

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2014, 12:54:32 am »

Dear YT,
    It is just my 'Grand Far East Tour'! Or even just my  'Grand East Asian Tour'! After all, I am not even leaving the continent! Israel is the edge of west Asia; China, Taiwan, Thailand and Singapore are in east Asia.
   There was a great Jewish poet in Moslem occupied Spain during the 11th/12th C., Rabbi Judah HaLevi.
He wrote a poem, 'My Heart is in the East', about being in the West (Spain), while his heart was in the East (Jerusalem, in the Land of Israel).
   "My Heart is in the East, and I am in the farthest part of the West..." That is how I feel about Snuff Bottles and Chinese culture.
    However, G-D Gave me the privilege to live in the Land HE Promised my forefathers, and it is the best of all lands (look how crazy the Arabs are to grab it! Of course, compared to the ***t-hole they come from, anywhere but North Korea probably looks good!).  Grin Cheesy Wink
Best,
 Joey

Dear Giovanni,

Thank you. I will show to Joey when he is doing his 'world tour' Grin

Cheers,
YT
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: