About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 12:23:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Meiping form anhua decorated bottle

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meiping form anhua decorated bottle  (Read 1241 times)
Tom B.
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 05:52:09 pm »

Dear Joey,

I guess it was alright to inform the 'shmuck' after the fact, but I have found that many people don't want to learn.

I can vouch for Giovanni's good fortune in buying a fabulous 17th century jar last week.  I saw photos of it on Gotheborg.com and it has an extremely rare decoration. I am not surprised that the auction chose to play it safe and list it as "19th century", but I am surprised that no one recognized it before or during the auction.  It proves what Dr. Tao Wang, head of the Chinese Works of Art at Sotheby's New York office said, "The Chinese buyers are not very familiar with 17th century Transitional period porcelain and seem to only buy it when there is a good Provenance."  I wouldn't go telling the auctioneer if I were you Giovanni. Wink

Best regards,

Tom B.
Report Spam   Logged

Best regards,

Tom B.

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 07:56:57 am »

Tom,
  You are right.

George,
    Is there a way to collate my stuff, or will I have to go through every thread in the Forum, to find them?
I think I'll start a file, listing where they are from now on. I've posted more than 2100 postings till now!
Joey

No, can not think of any way..

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 10:06:30 am »

Dear Giovanni,
   Did you buy it after the sale (what they call in the London Auction circle, a BI [bought in]? I have found some real treasures in Sotheby's, Christie's and Phillips, that way.
  Whichever way you got it, Congratulations! An early Christmas present!

Dear George,
Not to worry. I will figure it out. I'll assign myself a section or two a day, till I get through the whole Forum.
Is there a way to collate ALL my postings (2130 of them), at least? If there was, I could simply go down the line, making a notation of the 'stories'.
 Whatever, I'll find a way.
Merry Christmas to all,
joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 11:44:23 am »

Dear Tom B.,
thank you for the congratulations.
Dear Joey, yes I did some steal already at the after sales, it is incredible the mistakes that they do.
I ahve to run dear friends, have to prepare things for the dinner before Christmas!
Warm regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: